Backgroung

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Leaving Book II


My friend Denise asked me to make another leaving book for her colleague Ree.
I wanted to make something completely different from Cath's so I did the following.
I cut A4 white card in half and covered the front with Blue textured card, mounted the photograph with silver mirri card and created a rosette with my SU punches and a small piece of ribbon.
I covered the first page with stripey paper from a Cafe Club kit, American Crafts Celebration - Musical Chairs.
I added a folded piece of blue textured card, cut a tab from the front and mounted a photo with the same stripes.
Inside I added two further photographs.
On the opposite page I used the plain side of American Crafts Celebration - Cover band, created a filing pocket, cut some tab top pages and added pictures. I mounted 2 other photos onto silver mirri board and added to the page with some ribbon and candy dots.
The next double page spread was covered with the same collection of papers - Cover band and Musical Chairs. I cut some of the stars out and added to the plain page, some on 3d foam for depth.
I kept the penultimate page quite simple, just adding a photograph and some candy dots.
A few blank pages were added next for people to add messages.
The last page has a folder created to hold the CD of the pictures and space for additional ones should he choose to. Dance Floor from the same paper range was used together with the blue textured card.

The book was fastened together with my cropodile.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Another great book/card/gift.

Anonymous said...

Hello linda. i have just found your lovely blog. I am sure that your friend was really please with this. You do some lovely work.
Jill
(sorry I can't get it to accept my google account)