Backgroung

Wednesday 28 April 2010

Special request montage.

A recent order from a friend (the same one that wanted the Glam Skiier cards) requested the following:
Happy Birthday Ste with:
A backpack and hiking boots,
A hammer and a saw,
A bicycle,
A bottle of red wine with 2 glasses and
40 in a circle?
This is what I came up with...

An A4 card, landscape.
I covered it with silver and blue foiled paper.
Two circles form the centre with letters cut with Don Juan Cricut cartridge.
I added the embellishments as follows:
A metal bicycle from my stash (Mad about cards I think)
A backpack and boots from Jolly Nation decoupage sheets.
 
A metal saw and hammer also Mad about cards (I think) and wine bottle decoupage from my folder.
 
Close-up of the centre circle with the 40 on foam pads.
Hope she (& he) likes it.

4 comments:

liz said...

Well you certainly covered your remit. Well done - that was a difficult card to do and it looks brilliant. x

Karen said...

Wow that was a tall order but you did great and made a super card. I'm sure he/she will be very pleased.

Linda said...

Thanks, she e-mailed me today to say they (another one to show tomorrow) had arrived and that she loved them. I'm so pleased as I was worried in case she didn't :)

Lynn said...

Lot's of items to put on one card, but you made it work well. Good job she liked it too. Would have beed surprised if she hadn't. These special requests can be very difficult to fulfil. Well done Linda. Look forward to seeing the other card, was it as difficult?