Backgroung

Friday 1 April 2011

B is for Bunting - Scrapology April Challenge

This months challenge is based on a LO by Sarah Youde.
I used papers from The Girls Paperie collection, Die-Cut Newsprint Scallop, Cabbage Rose, Vintage Patchwork and Shabby Flower.
The technique is to use Bunting, mine was created with Techique Tuesday stamps.
I stamped onto the page then again onto patterned paper which I then cut out and 3d'd onto the main image.
The stamps have tiny serations on the edge so this was a good way of showing that without having to cut each bit out. I added a line of Glossy Accents to represent the cord.


I used the inside of the border as a guide and cut the Cabbage Rose to fit at an angle within.
A sizzix photo frame was cut from the Shabby flower and the centre were stamped with Imagine Thats own range of stamps designed to fit into the Tim Holtz ticket die. The inked edges gave definition.


I cut rough circles and used the spiral technique to create some roses the fronds were punched with a Martha Stewart branch punch.
I cut the title with Don Juan Cricut Cartridge.


This is the sketch....


And the original LO


2 comments:

Anita said...

gorgeous, gorgeous G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!! nuff said!Q..xxxx

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Beautiful lo. Looking forward to tackling this one