Backgroung

Saturday 30 April 2011

Happy 21st Jim!

Our final project from Carolyn's on day SU retreat was to make a mini album based on a design by Andrea Walford.
Although we cut all the papers to decorate the album with, it was left for us to complete at home.
My friend Denise asked me to make a card incorporating lots of photographs for her son Jim's 21st so I decided to use the blank for this. The overall size is 6x6".
The Springtime Vintage was too floral and girly for a male, so I used a different collection of papers, still SU, called Sweet Pea which I got from Zoe (Mrs Wonka) last year.

I kept the front cover simple by using cardstock punched with a Martha Stewart PATP and just adding a line of glitter (silver) and a button.

The album opens like a maze and has many pages which I have shown below:







The inside opens the other way so I fixed down the bottom flap with double sided tape and stitched a button on. The top flap has a ribbon fixed behind the photograph which fastens around the button.


Inside I added some tags with the remainder of the photos.


This is the card I made from me.
A 6x6 CWC card using the same papers as before.
The letters and numbers were cut with the Teardrop Cricut cartridge.


I used distress stickles to highlight and give dimension.

Happy 21st Jim - hope you have a lovely birthday
xxx

3 comments:

Anita said...

What a super special gift to give Linda, I bet he will be thrilled with it. You have made a brilliant job of it.xx

Lynn said...

Lovely to see that you have finished your album, mine is still unfinished. Great idea to use it for Jim's birthday. What a lovely card/gift album.

Happy Birthday Jim x

Sue Jones said...

Wow- he will love it!