Backgroung

Tuesday 2 August 2011

R is for Ribbon - Scrapology August Challenge - Mr & Mrs Smith

Ribbon is the focus for this months challenge on Scrapology.
We chose a page by Ingrid G to scraplift, you can see her work here.

These papers are Bo Bunny Gabrielle, Cameo and Promenade.


I used the peach side as a base and gutted the centre (@6" square).
The aqua paper was cut 6x10" and added towards the bottom.
I cut various panels from the remaining paper and some peach and brown bazzill to add other blocks, all of which I distressed the edges.


The circle was drawn with the large Creative Memories circle cutting ring and pierced at 1" intervals.
The ribbon is layed onto the circle and anchored into position from below with DMC thread.
I created some shabby flowers as below based on an idea shown to me by Anita who in turn had found a tutorial on them.


Other flowers were punched from scraps and layered.


I created a corner for the photograph by stamping onto paper with the Gabrielle stamps then adding crackle accents to age it. Some distress stickles were rubbed over once dry.
The title was cut with the Cricut.




This is the original layout and sketch we followed.



The challenge finishes on the 5th September why not hop over to Scrapology to see the DT entries and create your own page.
Most materials available from Cardinal Colours.
TFL
xxx

4 comments:

angelwhispers said...

My word adorable what fabulous papers and just love your detail its just so perfect!!! I love scarpping but never seem to get the time these days! Thanks for sharing such beautiful work Chanelle xxx

Karen said...

Lovely layout Linda - love those flowers.

Anita said...

Beautiful Linda, just beautiful! I love the stamped flowers, so pretty and the corner is lush. ab photo too....cracking page. xxxxx

Anita said...

Beautiful Linda, just beautiful! I love the stamped flowers, so pretty and the corner is lush. ab photo too....cracking page. xxxxx