Backgroung

Monday 26 September 2011

Paper Patchwork - As taught by S-J at the Retreat.

There wasn't a lot of spare time for Lynn and I at the retreat as we were either assisting or teaching classes and M&T's. I really enjoyed S-J's classes last year and asked Jill if I could have kits to do at home later on.
As it turned out we managed to sit in and do the following layout :)
I had to add the photograph afterward as I hadn't taken any with me. This was taken at the hotel of a huge mirrored head like a disco ball.
The kit consisted of a 12x12" piece of kraft paper, a selection of 8x8" patterned papers, Glitz Design - Laced with Grace.


The technique is very simple but very effective.
We cut the patterned papers into 3" squares, inked the edges then stuck them onto the kraft paper to form a grid.  Embroidery thread was used to add random "X" stitches. We punched a couple of hearts and then tore some circles to create flowers adding large jewells to the centres. Butterflies were punched and added along with a title from Prima Thickers.
I enjoyed the class so much... I made a double page...



This is S-J's original layout.

Check with Cardinal Colours for stock of these papers and embellishments.

TFL
xxx

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Great photos. Love these pages and the fact that you have scrapped the retreat. It was a good class and I love the patchwork idea. Super DLO from the DLO Queen!

Anita said...

Fab pages Linda and I LOVE those photos! This really is a super class page isn't it..xx