Backgroung

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Happy Birthday Anita - a little early :)

On Saturday at Cardinal Colours Crop we celebrated Anita's Birthday - a little early I know but we won't see her again til the end of the month.
This is the card I made for her.
I used a 6x6" version of BG Nook and Pantry paper for the background and layered with an embossed sheet of white card then a frame cut with a Marianne die.


The image is House Mouse and is coloured with Copic pens aswell as some gellyroll glitter pens.
I distressed the edge and inked before adding with 3d pads.


A few roses from my stash were place under the image and a CWC greeting mounted onto an SU punched oval which I have stickled with gold.


I made Chocolate Orange Cupcakes for the occassion decorated with Orange jellies and Lindt Intensly Orange Chocolate pieces. Here they are ready in the box to go.
Oh, I forgot to mention the edible glitter too!


A close-up :)


Believe it or not I didn't have one as I have given up sweet things for lent, especially chocolate!

Happy Birthday Anita, hope you had a lovely day and will enjoy your birthday on the 21st.

7 comments:

Anita said...

I certainly did have a lovely day thank you Linda, I had some beautiful cards and pressies ( thank you everyone) and your cupcakes were delish xxx Thank you.

Wendy said...

The card looks good enough to eat and those cupcakes - oh my!

Ali said...

The card is so cute.. and the cupcakes look *luscious*!! :D

Glen said...

Love the card Linda - very cute and...I wish I had been there at the crop...I would have had your cupcake too! *Ü* I am not that good to give up chocolate. Well done you. TFS. ~Glen~

Emilie said...

Such a lovely card! the mouse on top of the cupcake remind me of... well, me! Your cupcakes look yummy! I had to give up baking them as I just can't resist eating them!

Dan said...

Lovely card! As for those cupcakes, I'd kill for one right now! :)

Sandra said...

Great card!! and those cupcakes look scrummy.