Backgroung

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Hidden Treasures - Designed for Cardinal Colours March Retreat 2012

I designed this page to teach at the Cardinal Colours Spring crop weekend, 31st March.

Bo Bunny, Enchanted, papers were used along with some black and white bazzill.


I took the “evening” sheet of paper and tore it diagonally towards me for a rough edge – tip: make a small cut with scissors to start you off - and attached to a sheet of white bazzill. The black bazzill was cut to 6 ½ x 9 inches, folded in half. Ribbon was added halfway down so it would tie at the open side.
The sheet of “cutouts” was divided as below to use the central square sentiment and column on the right hand side, keeping the white border.


Folded in half and inserted into the black folder. A photograph was trimmed to fit inside under the column edge. A 6x4” photograph was added to the front and the ribbon tied in a bow.


I used the  “My knight in shining Armor” sentiment from the cutouts leftovers and used for a title.

9 x diamonds were cut from the patterned scraps and placed to right of the page in a patchwork design, using the black folded piece as a guide.


Once glued into place a line of faux stitching was added with a fineliner pen and also around the edge of the white bazzill. The photo mount was stuck centrally onto the page
My roses were formed by cutting 7 squares of white bazzill @ 3”, tearing into a rough circle, then a spiral into the centre leaving a rough circle (size of 1p). Roll the spiral tightly in from the outside edge then let go and allow to unravel a little.
I use wet glue – I like Aileen's quick dry tacky glue available from Cardinal Colours – placed on the circle and pressed into the spiral to form the rose. I tinted the edges with chalk and distressed them further by pressing down very hard to flatten them then run my thumbnails out from the centre.


Once arranged on the bottom left of the photo, leaving space for hidden piece to open, I decoratedthe page with gems, adding some to the photograph edges and creating spirals with the strips matching the pattern on the paper.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Hi Linda... Thank you so much for your fabulous class. I've just blogged my page here
Hugs
Sandra x