Backgroung

Friday 11 May 2012

Rainy Day Dunes

I love seeing all the challenges on the Basic Grey blog but rarely have the time to make a page within the deadline, so, with some time on my hands, and at the eleventh hour, I would like to enter the following into this challenge!

It was for National Scrapbooking Day 2012 and set by Kelly Purkey who said "use a photo taken with the camera on your phone.

I used my Plumeria collection pack and made the following:

I used a single sheet of paper caller floweret as below, and elements from the sticker sheets.
The title is from the alpha supplied which I have edged with black pen for definition.
The photo was taken with my iphone when we were clambering over the sand dunes at Camber Sands on our March weekend away - in the rain!

floweret

I layered the flowers on 3d foam and added all the butterflies having inked the edges.


Flat back pearls were added for bodies and a black fine-liner pen created the antennae.


Below is Kelly's inspiration page, I flipped it around and made it 12x12.


I really enjoyed making this page and actually using the sticker sheet which often gets forgotten in the pack.

Thanks BG and Kelly for a fab challenge!

2 comments:

Anita said...

Love this Linda, what a great photo too....glad we have had better weather over the weekend eh ;) xxx

Lynn said...

This is super, love the way you have used the paper and stickers.