Backgroung

Monday 8 July 2013

Scraplifting me!

In February this year, I entered Merly Impressions Challenge with a layout using texture paste, glimmer mists and inks. I really enjoyed playing with new mediums and was among the top acts.
 
We decided to lift this layout, using the Merly sketch by Emilie Chamel for out July challenge and class page - this is my version of the original which can be found here. 
 
 
The greyboard was prepared with texture paste and covered with gesso.
I then used mists to spritz and blot until I was happy then created some runs too.
Splats were also added with drips - technical terms :)
Four squares of dotted Bo Bunny were placed centrally with a 4x4 photo.

 
I tied some spider web ribbon with a little bakers twin then knotted ribbon stuck over with a pin to hold in place. Some blooms were added up the side.

 
I die cut a leafy scroll with velum and tucked under some labels punch with an SU punch.
The title was hand-written.
 
Still time to enter the challenge which runs over at Scrapology until the 5th August.

No comments: