Backgroung

Wednesday 27 November 2013

November bake off

I've had a busy month baking, first I tried Banana Muffins with toffee flavoured buttercream.
I even made the toffee :)
They are topped with little fudge pieces.
 
 
And Apple & Cinnamon cake.
I adjusted this recipe as I didn't have almond essence and flaked almonds so added the cinnamon instead.
 
 
I also made 50+ cupcakes for my birthday and forgot to take photos!
They had banana muffins as above (2nd batch) double chocolate with chocolate buttercream, Chocolate Peanut butter - a reeces peanut buttercup in a chocolate cupcake with chocolate and peanut butter icing, Strawberry and Coconut ones and of course Vanilla roses.
Think they went down well - all disappeared fast!
 
Then, I was asked to make Lyla a Peppa Pig cake for her 2nd birthday.
I started with a 12x12 sponge which I carved and sandwiched with buttercream and strawberry jam.
Looked like a bunny at this stage! :)

 
Then I covered a board with blue and green fondant to make a background.

 
And here is the finished cake in situ.........

 
Flowers were added with her name and age - which I then glittered.


I was quite pleased with the result but need to practice piping royal icing though.

 
And 30 vanilla rose cupcakes to go with it!
 
Hope you had a lovely birthday Lyla.
 
xxx

No comments: