Thursday, 19 December 2013

Scrapology December Card Challenge

This month at Scrapology, we challenge you to make a Christmas card - I am sure you have all made a few already :)

Here are mine -

The first one is 6x6". I used a new Martha Stewart PATP deep edge punch set and stamped a Woodware Christmas tree into the centre. This was mounted onto a card base of purple bazzill.
I stamped and cut out the Penny Black Fairy and coloured with Copics.
The message came with the tree stamp.
The fairy was added with 3d foam and her wings stickled.
Various gems were added the the snowflakes and tree image.

Based on the same design, I made the following for my friends at our monthly crop based on the same fairy image.
The base cards are cut from white bazzill and are 5" square. I punched a 4" square of white using the same PATP set and mounted it onto pieces of Doodlebug glittered cardstock in various shades.

The fairies were coloured to match using Copics then added with 3d foam.

I added a peel off message to the bottom corner with a gem.

More gems were added to the snowflakes on the frame.

I wasn't able to go this month as I was on holiday so the lovely Lynn took them with her - Thank-you Lynn.

The challenge is open until the 15th January so have a look at the blog post and send in yours - you never know, you may be the winner!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


Sunday, 1 December 2013

Beach Babe - Scrapology December Challenge

The chosen page on Scrapology this month is a DIGI design which we felt would translate very well into paper.
Miki Krueger's design can be seen below along with our sketch.

This is my version -

I used some papers I've had for a while - MME - The Sweetest Thing - as the colours, I felt, really suited the photograph.

I started by cutting the yellow sheet to 11" square and gutted the Orange spot to fit.

My photograph(s) are just a little over 5x7" and I printed them at the same time onto an A4 piece of photographic paper.  Once the top edge was trimmed it was quite easy to slice into even, matching, strips.
I kept the coloured piece 2" so as not to disrupt the image of Lianne, then cut 1" strips either side until the edge of the photo.

Miki had "stapled" hers in place so I followed suit and did the same with the black and white strips.
The colour one was placed lower than the others and I added some Chevron paper from the same collection.

I used a sew easy freehand to get the pattern to stitch with some fibres.
I cut out other chevrons and used 3d foam to have them pointing down at her.

A few tags were stapled to the right side with letters and writing - I'm not very good at journalling so usually just add the bare minimum. Some dressed buttons were added to finish my design along with some Doodlebug letters for my title.

This is Miki's original layout and our sketch.

Details of the challenge and our lovely DT's pages can be found here.