Backgroung

Wednesday 11 June 2014

T is for Trellis - Peony

For our June challenge at Scrapology, we have revisited a favourite designer Gabrielle Pollacco.
My version has the sketch rotated 90 degrees.
The papers are Bo Bunny Country Garden which I cut to 11" square and matted onto some blue bazzill.


I then used a WRMK sew easy and blue DMC thread to stitch around the edge, but, not content with that, proceeded to run 2 lines of machine stitching in white around too.


I tore the cardboard and disressed it with white acrylic paint and added the photos edged also with paint and mounted onto a paler blue bazzill.
The trellis was bought at Alexander Palace recently from Anna Marie Designs, cut and adapted to fit in two places. Die cuts and punched fronds were added with some paper roses leftover from a project I made a while back. I added a little journalling block which I stamped. This is another elephants from the 2010 parade -  I am slowly working my way through them.


My clock face is a Tim Holtz Bigz die, the letters are from the Bo Bunny sticker sheet which have been outlined in black.


Off-cuts of dotty ribbon and other borders from the sticker sheet were added along with some die-cut swirls.


This is Gabrielle's beautiful original and our sketch.............



There is still time to enter the challenge, check here for details.

xxx

1 comment:

Karen said...

Pretty layout LInda. I love the colour scheme - reminds me of Wedgewood!