Saturday, 26 July 2014

Award Winner

This is another layout created from a Papermaze crop kit - I can't find the instructions or the original on their blog so if you know who designed this one, please let me know so I can acknowledge!

The technique used the hexagonal waste left from stickers as a mask then sections cut down and added.

I have to ad-lib as I don't have the same punches/dies available at the crops.

I layered my butterfly up ad added a coiled body too.

Another fab kit - Thanks Lynn for getting me one!

Friday, 25 July 2014

Indiana Smith

This is another layout I made at our retreat earlier this year.
It's from a Papermaze Crop kit designed by Lou Collins.

I called mine Indiana Smith as it features a photo of my Dad taken in Battersea Park last year wearing a suede hat.

The title letters have been coated with glossy accents.

Lynn attended the crop and very kindly cut me the poppy petals with a die.
I added some tiny black gems around the black dew drop beads provided for the centres.

I also gave mine a spritz of glimmer mist.

The technique taught us how to make a feather-like frond using washi tape.

Take a peek at the original here.

Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Sunrise or Sunset?

This is my third card.
Again 8x8" in size with papers from my collection, the image was mounted onto silver mirri card.

A happy accident with the gelli plate created a white spot behind one of the fairy houses which I decided could be the sun (or moon) rising or setting.

I added some glitter to the toadstools in the front to give a dewey glow and some dandelion die-cuts outside the frame.

Die cut corners were added with pearls to finish the effect.

The Scrapology challenge can be found here.

Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Fairy glade............

Playing with the gelli plate technique we ended up with a few backgrounds to complete, this was another one I made using the fairy called Erin.
The card is again 8x8" with some papers from my collection as a background.

The background was mounted onto some black bazzill first.
I cut some leaves with a Sue Wilson die and corners from a Tonic die then coated them with spray and sparkle. The flower are a medium retro punch to which I added faux stitching and diamante.

The butterfly has been sparkled with Martha Stewart fine glitter.

The same Adirondack ink pads were used to colour the images.

Check here for the Scrapology challenge.

Tuesday, 15 July 2014

A little bit Magical

This month at Scrapology we have been sponsored by the lovely Tracey Dutton of Lavinia stamps.
Tracey's blog can be found here. and the shop here.

The challenge was to create a card based on the theme "Dreams and Delights" and I was fortunate enough to meet Tracey and buy some of her beautiful stamps at Alexandra Palace earlier this year.

Here is my first card..........

Tracey uses a gelli plate and ink to create her backgrounds so Lynn and I got together one weekend and found these tutorials to have a play.
My card is 8x8 with a textured mirricard matt, the word is part of a chain from Clarity Stamps.

I had placed the butterfly off the edge of the page so stamped it again and layered over the edge.

The image was created using Adriondack ink pads for the background and also to watercolour the images.
Versafine in back and blue were used to over stamp the fronds.
White liquid pearls and, of course, some glitter were added to finish.

|Why not check out the challenge and the beautiful DT cards over at the Scrapology blog here
There is a fabulous prize on offer too!

Thanks for taking a look.

Thursday, 3 July 2014

A June wedding

So I can share now.................

The lovely Samantha asked me to make a card for her friends wedding and showed me their invitiation which was the most beautiful petrol blue/teal colour. She also gave me a photo of the happy couple and their beloved dog so I incorporated them into the design -

The card is 8x8" with layers of teal and white bazzill.
One layer has a pricked edge, the next is punched with a Martha Stewart PATP.

I added what seems to have become my signature foliage and flowers.

And a matching ribbon and button.

The photo was printed in black/white and added to the centre.
Inside, in case you were wondering, is the photo of the dog and their names - I forgot to take a photo of that though :(

Wishing the happy couple all the very best for their future life together.

Tuesday, 1 July 2014

P is for Punchouts - July Challenge at Scrapology

This month we are scraplifting a beautiful page by Stacy Cohen who's blog can be found here.

I used plain bazzill for my version.
The photographs are from the Elephants on Parade 2010 in London, I loved this one by Jack Vettriano - a fabulous artist!  The colours are taken from the mat on which the butler sits.

I have lots of punches and chose the Martha Stewart triple butterfly and another single one of a similar size and started to "punch away"!

I added some foliage and a single bloom cut from a retro daisy punch. My flower centre is a snowflake punch - also Martha Stewart.

I printed my title and journalling an added to the page along with a couple more flowers.

Such a simple but stunning design - Stacy's original is just below - I love the hombre effect she created on her layout.

Here is out sketch -

Hop on over to the Scrapology blog for details of the challenge and to see the beautiful layouts created by our design team.