Backgroung

Saturday 23 August 2014

Scrapology August Card Challenge - Card Three - Songbird

Another request from a work colleague was a birthday card for her sister who works for the RSPB.
I decided to make a couple so she had a choice, this is the first.......

An 8x8" card with my beloved Basic Grey Eva papers.

P

I used a Tim Holtz sizzix die for the cage and bird, keeping them simple in white.
It was hung by some twine into a bow with a ribbon and button.


Lots of punched flowers and leaves plus die-cut fronds were added.


The message is also a sizzlet which I have glossed with Glossy accents. 


Scrapology challenge is open until the 15th September.

The alternative I made was using some decoupaged birds I had in my folder.


The card is 7x5" and I used some lime card from CWC run through a Sheena Douglass embossing folder.
I distressed it a little to dull the brighness then layered with more card and the decoupaged birds.
The greeting is from Lily of the Valley on a Stampin up punch.
I added lots of little gems around the scalloped edge and some cream tape too.

Thanks for taking a look.
x


No comments: