Backgroung

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Floral Frame for The Inspirers

This is my latest make for Crafter's Companion Inspirers - A project for Mum - I chose to make a framed picture.


I started with the Downton Abbey - Downton Decor die, cut from a piece of White Linen effect card measuring 6 1/2" square. This die does not cut the outside edge so can be placed onto any size card.
The Gemini cuts these in one pass - amazing!
I added a matt of Sheena's Stamping card 7x7" and black Coredinations to fit the frame.
An oval frame was added using the Downton Abbey - Ornate oval frame - it fits perfectly into the centre of the card - and is raised with foam tape.


My flowers are stamped and die cut using Sheena's Perfect Partners Victorian Floral Anemone.
These are currently on 3 for 2 so a great deal!


I water coloured using Spectrum Aqua pens - colours below - using a little artistic licence for the blooms. The jar was cut twice, the lid added over the flower stems with glue gel then a layer of Acetate stuck with glossy accents around the edge to resemble glass.
The blooms and leaves were stuck with the glue gel.



I find that if you shape the flowers when damp they hold their form a lot better.

Finally I die cut a smaller oval from the Downton Frame using the white linen card and coloured as above to match. The letters are from the Die'sire Decorative Alphabet set.
A few gems and pearls were then added.

Thank-you for taking a look
xxx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Absolutely stunning xx

julie_woolston said...

Absolutely stunning ?
Hugs Julie xxx