Backgroung

Friday 5 August 2016

Journalling with Leonie's Stencils for The Inspirers.

Well, they let me loose with Leonie's Stencil and Mask sets so I tried my first solo venture at art journalling..........directly into my journal!

It's an 8x8" double spread, and although they match colour wise I tried different techniques/styles on both.


For both pages, I used Pebeo Dyna paints set 3 and set 2, applied with my finger in a random pattern.
Over this I coloured through the largest Create with black Archival ink then decided it looked to heavy. My classes came in handy as I then "knocked it all back" with some watered down White Gesso and a credit card. I had also added some stamping behind with some of Leonie's stamps - Arrow to the Art and Doodle Drops.


I quite liked the shadow effect so added a smaller Create over the top by stencilling through with the paint. Once dried I scribbled around the edge with a black Tim Holtz pen. The flowers were then stamped and I exaggerated the loops with the same pen. White dots were added with a gel pen and the whole page "splatted" with some watered down paint.

The second page started life at the same time and was also coated with white gesso, then the Art stencil was placed and I drew around the edges with a Micron pen which was also used to zentangle patterns inside.


The fatter Tim Holtz pen was then used to outline the word.
I just loved Leonie's Everlasting Love daisies so stamped them onto Sheena's card, painted then cut out. The smaller blooms were stamped directly onto the page but also onto card and glued over to show the colours.


How sweet are the little bees?
Once all in place, more dots with a white gel pen to finish.

I really enjoyed playing with these, have you tried them yet?

TFL 
xxx



No comments: